Jesus came to serve others. Following Jesus means that we seek to reflect Jesus. At the end of the day, the church is not a building, a list of programs, or set of services.
The church is the people — the people of God coming together.
As followers of Jesus, serving isn’t just about something we do, it’s about who we are.
How has God made you uniquely YOU? Do you enjoy working with kids? Making delicious meals? Are you a gifted signer or musician? Can you swing a hammer or build things iwth your hands? Do you like welcoming others?
God calls us to serve his body, and there are so many opportunities to serve...
The Greeting Team helps create a positive first impression by welcoming everyone as they arrive on Sunday morning. Front door volunteers greet people, hold the door open, shake hands, Provide general welcome. Sanctuary door volunteers pass out bulletins.
One shift, one Sunday per month.
- Shift 1: Attends 8:00 service. Serves 7:45–8:00.
- Shift 2: Attends 9:15 service. Serves 8:45–10:40 (before/after 9:15 service).
- Shift 3: Attends 10:40 service. Serves 10:15-10:40
- Front door volunteers greet people, hold the door open, shake hands, Provide general welcome. Sanctuary door volunteers pass out bulletins.
The Hospitality Team helps to create a warm, welcoming environment on Sundays by setting up food/beverage stations and refreshing them
throughout the morning.
One shift, one Sunday per month.
- Shift 1 (attends 8:00am service; serves 7:00-8:00am & 9:00-9:15am) Sets up food/beverages for 8:00am service; replenishes before 9:15am service.
- Shift 2 (attends 9:15am service; serves: 10:15-11:45am). Replenishes food/beverages before 10:30am service. Tears down during and after 10:30am service.
KIDS TEAM (Infants & Toddlers)
- Infant/Toddler Room Leader — greets and communicates with parents, leads toddler bible story/activity time, serves month on/month off or every other Sunday
- Infant/Toddler Caregiver — cares for and engages with babies, serves once or twice each month
- Substitute — serves in one of the roles above as needed
KIDS TEAM (Preschool - 5th)
- K-5th Small Group Leader — facilitates activities/discussion
- Preschool Leader/Helper — facilitates activities
- K-5th Large Group Leader — leads teaching time
- K-5th Worship Leader/Helper — leads/helps with singing time
- Check-in Station — assists at check-in, registers new families
- Substitute — able to serve in an area above as needed
- Prep Team — prepares classroom materials (1x/week)
- Decor Team — plans and decorates for large group staging (1x/month)
- Refresh Team — helps design, paint and improve physical environments
- Curriculum Team — plans small group activities, edits and writes curriculum
Throughout the year, the volunteer Kitchen Team provides food and hospitality for a variety of events... BIG all-church events (like For Kitsap or NeighborPalooza) and smaller events (like membership classes, funerals, and more). Currently, there’s a need for additional Kitchen Helpers. Experience preparing food for large groups and working in a commercial kitchen is preferred. Training provided. Food handlers permit required.
- Kitchen Helper — prepping food, cooking, serving, washing dishes
- Kitchen Lead — heading up the catering for an event, menu planning and shopping, mobilizing a team of kitchen helpers (to cook, serve, clean)
This team of creatives makes everything in print, online, video, and more possible! Whether you're a pro or an hobbyist, or are available sporadically or have a couple of hours a week to volunteer, there's a place for you to put your talents to work to bless the church!
- Graphic Designer
- Videographer / Video Editor
- Website Adminstrator
- Social Media
MEDIA / TECH TEAM
The Media/Tech Team work closely with the worship team to ensure the audio and visual portions of Sunday services run smoothly.
- Sound Technician – runs the sound system, mics, etc. A general knowledge of sound systems preferred and reasonably good hearing to determine sound levels of the various instruments and vocalists. Training provided.
- Media Operator – runs the lyric slides, graphics, videos, etc. General Mac computer knowledge and familiarity with ProPresenter a plus, but not required. Training provided.
- One Sunday per month (7:00 – 11:30am) serving for all three services.
- Plus, attending the rehearsal the Thursday evening prior.
MEN'S MINISTRY TEAM
The Men’s Ministry provides opportunities for men to gather together to
worship God, grow in their walks with Jesus, and to be made into better
husbands, fathers and men of courage by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Annual Men’s Retreat (in the fall)
- Men’s 33 (every Saturday, 7:30 - 9:00am)
- Annual Men’s BBQ (in the summer)
- Men’s Breakfast (last Saturday of the month, 8:00am)
- Men’s Ministry Team Member
Do you have a heart for missionaries — those serving locally or around the world? If so, serving on the Missions Team might be a good fit for you!
- Missions Committee member
- Missions Conference Team – help plan and execute
- Missionary Correspondence – encourage missionaries serving around the world by writing to them
Do you have a heart to pray for people? After services, would you be available to listen and pray with those who are looking for prayer and encouragement? Being part of the prayer team means consistently being available after the service you normally attend, to pray with those who have need.
- Sunday mornings after the 8:00am, 9:15am, and 10:40am services
- Sunday evenings after the 5:15pm service.
MOPS CAREGIVER TEAM
MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers) is an opportunity to invest in young moms and their families, but getting to know the kids is priceless. Volunteer caregiver positions are open to both men and women, and homeschooled kids 14+. Background check required.
- Caregiver for newborns and infants
- Caregiver for 1-year-olds to preschool
- Caregiver for 4 & 5-year-olds
- MOPS meets every other Friday (Sept. - June)
- Shift is 9:15 - 11:30am
The Offering Team passes out offering trays and collects tithes during the Sunday service.
- Five minutes during the service, one or more Sundays per month.
WELCOME DESK TEAM
The Welcome Desk Team is an integral part of our first impressions effort. This team ensures first-time visitors and guests have a point of contact. Responsibilities include providing directions and answers to general questions, collecting info cards, and distributing welcome gifts to first-time visitors.
One shift, one Sunday per month.
- Shift 1: 8:45–9:30am (before and after the 8:00am service)
- Shift 2: 10:15–11:30am (before and after the 10:30am service)
WOMEN'S MINISTRY TEAM
Women’s Ministry aims to build up multi-generations of women who glorify God, develop relationships, and become equipped to love others to contribute to the overall health of the church, community and beyond.
- Bible Study Leader - teaching once a week for a 6- to 8-week time frame
- Women’s Discipleship Community - One-on-one Discipleship (come together once a month for 3-6 months), small group learning – quarterly gatherings
- Women’s Ministry Team Member —Meetings (the first Wednesday night of every month), Women’s Gatherings (quarterly)
WEDNESDAY NIGHT YOUTH GROUP SERVE OPPORTUNITIES
- Set Up & Tear Down – There’s a lot to do each week to create a special environment for students to have a great time and learn about Jesus.
- Games Team – Help make youth group fun! Need people to creatively come up with game ideas, set games up, and lead them.
- Small Group Leader – Invest in a group of students, building strong relationships and pouring into them spiritually. Love them where they’re at and help walk along side them as they discover who they are in Christ.
OTHER SERVE OPPORTUNITIES:
- Growth Group Leader – Adult leaders are needed to commit to 10 weeks of intentional investing in a group of students. These groups can be any place, any day, any time the leader decides.
- Sunday Night Guys Group – A high-school guys group that meets on
- Sunday nights in the Log Cabin. Looking for one more adult to be a part of it.
The Facilities Team supports the director of facilities in the maintenance and housekeeping of all church buildings, grounds and equipment.
- Assisting with special maintenance projects
- Construction of special or holiday sets
- Landscaping / Gardening
- Bus drivers
- Bus maintenance
OFFICE & ADMIN TEAM
- Office coverage (anwering phones, directing visitors) for either 1- to 2-hour shifts, or as coverage for vacation or sick days
- Folding bulletins each week
- Preparing written materials like flyers and new members packets
COMMUNITY GROUP LEADERS
Group Leaders provide opportunities for regular community (usually in their home) on a regular basis (usually weekly). They facilitate discussion, connection, and community in Christ. Group Leaders also commit to a common vision, support structure, and quarterly leadership training.
- Short-term Community Group Leaders (8-12 weeks long)
- Community Group Leader (Bremerton)
- Community Group Leader (Silverdale)
- Community Group Leader (Poulsbo)
- Community Group Leader (Port Orchard)
- Community Group Leader (with ROOM TO PROVIDE Child Care/Babysitter on site)
FOR KITSAP TEAM
FOR KITSAP is a community outreach opportunity. Through events like The Church Has Left the Building, Back-to-School, Trunkival, Get Lit and more, we seek to love and serve the people of Kitsap County. Team Members are passionate about serving our community and identifying creative and impactful opportunities to be part of.
Team Members are passionate about serving our community and identifying creative and impactful opportunities to be part of.
- Planning and Strategy Team
- Execution Team
- Administrative Support